The Trauma-Sensitive Summit will focus on how educators can create safe classrooms where students are empowered to build resilience, cope with traumatic experiences, and achieve at high levels.
Each session will provide opportunities for educators to learn how to cultivate a trauma-informed classroom environment and utilize classroom management strategies to encourage positive learning experiences for trauma-impacted students. The summit will also feature a session on how schools can respond to the tragedy of suicide.
- Tom Hierck - Trauma -Sensitive Instruction
- Christie Badry - Navigating the After: Supporting Schools After a Suicide
- John Eller - Routines that Support Trauma Sensitive Instruction
- Alex Kajitani - Building Relationships in a Trauma-Sensitive World
- Counsellors Panel: Current Challenges & Solutions in Schools